Now Accepting Nominations for 2016 Infant Mental Health Awards!
PIPUK is pleased to announce that it is now accepting submissions for the first UK Infant Mental Health Awards, presented in honour of its Inaugural National Week on Infant Mental Health, 6-10 June 2016. Submission forms for the six award categories are now available at: www.pipuk.org.uk – Nominations must be received by 16th May 2016.
Responsive relationships with consistent primary caregivers help build positive attachments that support healthy social-emotional development. These relationships form the foundation of mental health for infants, toddlers and pre-schoolers
“Infant mental health" is defined as the healthy social and emotional development of a child from birth to 3 years; and a growing field of research and practice devoted to the:
•Promotion of healthy social and emotional development;
•Prevention of mental health problems; and
•Treatment of the mental health problems of very young children in the context of their families
Zero to Three (2016) http://www.zerotothree.org/child-development/early-childhood-mental-health/
The categories for the Award Ceremony are as follows:
- Andrea Leadsom Award for Outstanding contribution to the field of Infant Mental Health: For an exceptional, and inspirational individual who has made an outstanding contribution to the field of Infant Mental Health nationally.
- Analeaf Award for Infant Mental Health Services: For an exceptional Infant Mental Health service provider, who has demonstrated positive practice, and has improved outcomes for both children and, their families.
- Infant Mental Health Practitioner: For an exceptional Infant Mental Health practitioner who is innovative in his/her approach to the field of Infant Mental Health, and who continually delivers above, and beyond what is expected.
- Locality Award for Infant Mental Health Inclusion: For a Locality / or Trust that has developed an integrated, and inclusive Infant Mental Health service to improve the lives of vulnerable infants, toddlers, and their families.
- Infant Mental Health Researcher: For an individual researcher who has made a unique contribution to the growing body of knowledge thorough their research in the field of Infant Mental Health.
- People’s Choice Award: Nominations for this award will be made by an individual who has received support and / or treatment from an Infant Mental Health service provider they believe to be of exceptional quality, resulting in a positive experience, and improved wellbeing for their baby, toddler and/or family.
The awards are a key part of the first Infant Mental Health Awareness Week, accompanied by an exciting calendar of events with over 100 partner organisations participating. Our official Primary Partners for this week are; Public Health England (PHE), Royal College of Midwives (RCM), Institute of Health Visiting (iHV), CPHVA, and the Association of Infant Mental Health (AIMH). The award will recognise excellence in the field of Infant Mental Health, and showcase examples of best practice, and research.
Nominations close on 16th May 2016 – Save the date! Nominations will not be received after this date in order to ensure a fair process and will be facilitated by a selection panel.
Awards will be presented by a panel of high profile guests.